Before contacting Evolution Support, please check for your problem below:
Commonly Asked Questions:
Keyboard/Controller Driver problems Answered:
- I’m running Windows 2000 and every time I plug in my Evolution keyboard/controller, it crashes the system!
- I have connected my keyboard via the USB port, but I can’t get any input from the keyboard
- My drivers are listed in the Device Manager and are said to be working OK, but the keyboard is not recognised in any software
- I have connected the keyboard to the 15-pin gamesport on my soundcard, but I can’t get any MIDI input
- I can’t get any sound
- I need the driver for the MK-149/MK-7/MK-261/MK-125/PlayPlanet. I can not find any drivers for them on Evolution’s website.
- I need to use a power adaptor to power my Evolution device. What sort of power adaptor should I get?
- Are you a Linux user?
Other Keyboard Problems Answered:
- How do you reset the Keyboard to the factory settings?
- I have plugged a sustain pedal into my Evolution keyboard, but it works the wrong way round.
- When I press the Sustain Pedal, Modulation data is sent from the Keyboard.
- When I press a key, there is a delay before I hear any sound.
- Does my MIDI keyboard have it’s own sounds?
- My computer/laptop does not have a games port. How can I connect my non-USB keyboard to the computer?
- When using my Evolution keyboard, the keys I press don’t correspond with the keys on the on screen keyboard.
Software Problems Answered:
- I can’t get any sound from my software.
- How do I get started?
- I can’t see the keyboard as a MIDI input device in my software.
- Every time I start Sound Studio II/Pro II, an error occurs and the software shuts down.
- I have just changed to a newer operating system and I can’t get the software to work. What do I have to do to get it going?
- How do I write my songs to CD?
- I can’t work out how to use the Sound Studio or Music Teacher program. I can’t find a manual.
- In Sound Studio II/Pro II, how can I use the extra sound sets like E-mu Proteus or Korg Trinity?
- Are Evolution keyboards compatible with my software?
- I keep seeing a message ‘Evolution OMS driver could not be loaded’.
- The keyboard does not seem to work with OS 9.
- Can I use the keyboard with Freemidi?
- Where are the drivers for OS X?
- How do I use the Evolution Software?
Unable to solve your problem? Contact Support