At home, on stage or in the studio
The MK-449C features 9 assignable 35mm faders, 8 assignable rotary knobs, 10 assignable buttons and 49 full-size touch sensitive keys, giving computer music enthusiasts the extreme hands-on control needed for their software and hardware. Even the pitch bend and modulation wheels are both fully assignable, as is the foot switch socket. This is ideal for punch in/out recording or activating record without having to take the hands off the keyboard. All in all, this adds up to an incredible 30 assignable controllers.
A unique controller mute function mutes the output of all controllers allowing you to position them before tweaking, so no more annoying jumping filters or levels during your performance. Plus, it’s great for killing tracks/effects then slamming them back in.
We have also added a drawbar mode for the 9 faders. For the classic drawbar organ enthusiast, this really adds an important touch to the experience of playing instruments such as NI B4. Ten pre-configured presets are included with the MK-449C, making it instantly usable with the most popular plug-ins, virtual instruments and host applications. Creating your own custom made setups is quick and easy. All of the 30 real-time controllers can be programmed with the numerical keypad, which combined with the backlit LCD display, makes it a breeze. Each controller can also be setup to transmit on separate MIDI channels and complete setups can be stored in any of the 10 memory locations for recalling at any time.
In addition to standard controller numbers, the MK-449C has RPN/NRPN and pre-programmed Sys-Ex messages, for real-time access to parameters beyond immediate reach on products such as SoundBlaster, XG and GM compatible soundcards. The Sys-Ex dump command allows the entire content of the memory to be sent from the keyboard and a librarian program for PC users is included for saving, editing and sharing keyboard setups.
The MK-449C connects to a PC or Mac using the included USB cable. The keyboard is even powered via USB, or alternatively with an optional power supply. As with all Evolution controllers, the MK-449C is Class compliant, so no drivers are required when using Windows XP or Mac OSX.
The conventional MIDI output on the back of the keyboard has been included for operation with a traditional MIDI gear or non-USB computer setups. Used in USB mode, the MIDI output acts as a USB to MIDI output interface.
- Function buttons make programming quick and easy, even while you’re playing. Instantly program any of the 30 MIDI assignable controllers with MIDI channels, Bank LSB/MSB, RPN/NRPN, program change, recall and storing of presets plus more.
- Independent channel assign for all 30 controllers.
- Unique controller mute function mutes the output of all controllers allowing you to position them to the value you want before tweaking.
No more annoying jumping filters or levels during your performance.
- Back-lit LCD display shows stacks of controller information. The visual feedback ensures that no programming or operation is done blindly,
whether on stage or in a dark studio.
- 10 MIDI assignable buttons that double up as an essential data entry pad.
- Global channel assign allows any given set of controllers to control up to 16 different channels at the touch of a button, while others can keep their channel setting.
- Snap Shot mode sends out current status for all controllers.
- 10 memory locations for storing user setups.
- Memory dump facility.
- Sys-Ex librarian software allows PC users to load, save, send and receive any combination of setups for your studio.
- Pitchbend and mod wheels are both MIDI assignable for unique thumb control effects.
- Separate octave shift buttons provides instant access to 10 octaves. A double press function transposes the keyboard.
- Foot switch socket can be used with any polarity switch and is fully MIDI assignable.
- Pentium II 300MHz 128Mb RAM or better, USB socket, Windows 98/ME/2000/XP, approved MME or ASIO compliant soundcard.
- iMac, Power Mac G3 or better with USB running OS9/OSX.
- Keyboard powered by USB (cable included) or 9V DC, 250-300mA centre positive power adaptor (not included).
- SysEx Librarian (PC only)
- Sound Studio II (PC only)
- PC/Mac or MIDI hardware with USB or MIDI In.
80 x 21 x 10